Hi Everyone, it only seems like 5 minutes ago when I last updated this blog.
As suggested at our last meeting I’m going to concentrate on specific products that we all have lurking in our crafting spaces. Theses are the products that we had to have when we saw them demonstrated at a craft show or on the TV but that now hardly ever see the light of day.
So with that in mind I’d like you to have a look around & give me some suggestions as to what you would like me to cover in the coming months. If I do not own that product (which I very much doubt ) I may have to borrow your ones……so bring those products to the next meetings & I will try my best to come up with some new suggestions for how to use them.
This month’s product is …….Distress Inks.
I have made 3 cards using only Distress inks & a few stamps. Hopefully you will agree that each card has a different look & I hope to teach you a couple of things that you did not know you could do with them.
Please note that for Hethersett only there is a fourth card kindly designed by Jeanette. Unfortunately I do not have an image but will list the supplies below.
So lets kick off. As per Sylvia’s email there are a few things that are common to each card so rather than list them under each card I have compiled a list & if you could bring them along with you.
Please don’t worry if you do not own any as I will have my supplies with me but a Teflon mat each would be helpful as I can only find 1 of mine at the moment. You can purchase them from the bakery section of Poundland (Riverside definitely have them at the moment)
- Distress inks - various colours - I used mainly blues, greens, purples & browns
- Teflon sheet
- Mini water mister
- Sponge daubers/ cut & dry foam
- Rubber gloves if you don't like your hands getting dirty
Card 1 – Distress Background & Tag
- C6 cream card
- Spare cream card
- Background stamp - mine was musical notes
- Embossing ink & clear powder
- Small piece of white vellum
- Sentiment stamp/ peel off
- Brown Stazon ink (only if using stamped sentiment)
- 4 small brown brads
- Scrap of ribbon - colour to coordinate inks used
- 1 normal sized brad
Card 2 - Watercolour Technique
- 14.5cm Square card - to coordinate inks used - mine was blue, (Marina Mist)
- Cream card
- Spare coloured card - to coordinate with ink colours - mine was lilac, (SU Wisteria,)
- Gold Perfect Pearls
Card 3 - Distress Ink Scene
- 5" x 7" card - mine was light brown (Crumb Cake)
- Coordinating spare card - mine was blue
- Flower/foliage stamps
- Sentiment stamp/Rub on
- Coordinating ribbons - I used blue & green
- 1 button
Card 4 – Hethersett only – Flower pot Surprise
- 14 cm square card OR 5” x 7” card
- Half A4 sheet pale green card
- Scraps of about 4 other coloured card (for flowers)
- Paper flowers - different sizes work best
- Gems/buttons/card candy to use for flower centres.
- Border punch.
- Stripy or dotty paper plus coordinating piece of ribbon approx. 1cm wide.
- Embellishment or greeting for front of pot (mine was a metal dragonfly.