Next Meeting dates

Here are the some dates for 2020 so you can all organise your diaries.

Aylsham -Saturdays 2pm -5pm (please ask for address)

8th February
7th March
11th April



Hethersett Village Hall - Sundays 09.30 - 12.30 pm


9th February
8th March
12th April


Friday 18 September 2009

My slider cards

Well I hope everyone enjoyed the cards this time & Sylvia seemed to come away unscathed from her solo outing at Aylsham, although that could mainly be due to a lack of attendees. For all of you that were unwell I hope you are now feeling better soon & will be well enough to attend next month.

I thought I would show you my slider cards that I made following Sylvia's instructions.
I've used mainly Penny Black stamps. The trees in the background are cut from a sheet of backing paper that was in last years Dovecraft 8x8 pack & was called Christmas Blues, I think they work really well but let me know what you think.

This little fellow is just too cute for words. I added some bling by applying Stampin Up's Dazzling Diamonds using a 2 way glue pen to his hat & collar.
As you can also see I decided to add a greeting to the slider part of the card prior to assembling it, this was not so easy as it sounds but I found if you draw a line onto the slider through your gap on the card front you can then stamp onto this line to ensure it straight & can be seen. I hope that explanation made sense if not let me know & I'll take some photo of what I mean, to explain it more clearly.

This is another card I did using the same principles but this time the message is below the slider & is only revealed when the slider is pulled - Good Huh!!!!


If anyone would care to take a photo of their creations from the meetings please feel free to email a copy to me & I will upload it to the blog.

Well that's all until nearer next months meeting which is later than usual & is on the weekend of 24/25th October. Hope to see you all there, we have some great cards coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment